+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678
Results 176 to 186 of 186
  1. Junior Member provisions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    10
    #176
    Haha rock on man, this is a great guide. I've gotten up to the motivational pirate, :P I will read the rest later when I get back home. I'm currently a college student trying to get some certs for when I look for jobs. I literally knew nothing about networking when I majored in it, I was literally scared when I took a networking, as many terms and algorithms were thrown at me. But luckily, I was smart enough to study alot for the tests and thoroughly. Well, hopefully I start studying for the CCNA. Thanks for this guide and warning us about the motivational pirate. :P
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6
    #177
    In one word, You are great man... this is very excellent explanation.
    I have just 2 questions please...
    My problem is I have no good or medium networking skills. I have just simple configuring and windows linux networking skills. I have just created 1 dedicated server but without more skill. My question is can i start from book ( CCNA study guide )that is said by you without learning Introduction Networking if i want to get CCNA certificate ? So is it possible to learn CCNA without experince?

    and second question is : You had said 2 books. 1. TOD LAMME
    2. Wendell Odom. in same time it is hard to read theese books. Is it enough just start with Wendell Odom?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    5
    #178
    Hello everyone,
    this is my first time here on this website, I wanted to get into the IT field, I currently work for Honda as their bumper to bumper technician and its time to switch careers, I would like to go with ccna but do I really need ccent? if that's the case should I just go to the cisco website and purchase their online demand video for ccna or ccent? I was thinking about going to intense school and the next boot camp is in aug 15, 2016 through aug 21, 2016 in las vegas, I also found ccbootcamp in las vegas are these boot camps advisable? and since it is a crash course I would assume you won't retain or absorb knowledge? I already had put pto in my job to register but I am having cold feet plus I have no experience. All answers could help! thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3
    #179
    Quote Originally Posted by kcayangyang View Post
    Hello everyone,
    this is my first time here on this website, I wanted to get into the IT field, I currently work for Honda as their bumper to bumper technician and its time to switch careers, I would like to go with ccna but do I really need ccent? if that's the case should I just go to the cisco website and purchase their online demand video for ccna or ccent? I was thinking about going to intense school and the next boot camp is in aug 15, 2016 through aug 21, 2016 in las vegas, I also found ccbootcamp in las vegas are these boot camps advisable? and since it is a crash course I would assume you won't retain or absorb knowledge? I already had put pto in my job to register but I am having cold feet plus I have no experience. All answers could help! thanks!
    I'm new to here and I too am looking into the self study route to attain my CCNA certificate in routing and switching.i am currently in a factory job that I hate and want to change careers and take that leap of faith,I've always had an interest in IT,however looking into CCNA there is a lot of terms that put me off that I don't understand,packets,subnet etc. But I'm 100% determined to study all the way and read as many books and build my own lab if I hav too,I've seen they are cheap on eBay,although wot to do with the lab I havnt got to that point yet,I've literally no experience at all,has anyone else been in a similar situation that can offer positive advice?? Thanks again
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. No longer active.
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    413
    #180
    Hello fellow members.
    First off, a big thanks to Roguetadhg‎ for spending valuable time in putting this guide together; this is exactly the kind of encouragement and advice that is needed by people like me, studying from home while holding down a full-time job and staring at two, 700 to 800 page books, and wondering how the hell I’m going to get through them AND remember all the content!!

    I've been studying for the CCNA cert for only about 8 to 10 weeks and its hard work! I’m pleased that I’ve found this forum and I’ve had an answer to my first post in a very short space of time (my thanks to both clarson and sillymcnasty).

    To Allan81: I’m in the same boat as you. I don’t know how long you’ve been studying or what books you’re reading, but for me, I managed to get the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library off of eBay for less than £25.00 and a Cisco 881 Router for less than £50.00. I plan to get a Cisco Switch next month. I know, not everyone is in the position of being able to afford these items, but you can get Cisco Packet Tracer V7 (it’s a fabulous simulator) for free and there are loads of free tutorials on the web (I can provide some links if anyone would find that of use). Also, the information on this site alone should be enough to keep you busy for months.

    Don’t be put off by terms that you don’t yet understand. None of us are born with this knowledge, we’ve all had to start from first principles and build up our knowledge a bit at a time. The main thing is that you say that you are “100% determined to study”. That’s the kind of attitude that will get you to where you want to be. It’s not going to be easy, if it was, then everyone would be doing it.

    Anyway, I’ve rambled on long enough. Remember, you have to make your own luck in this world and nobody is going to hand it to you on a plate; work hard and keep your eyes on the prize.

    Best wishes,

    Rob.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Objectives my friend! varelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    784

    Certifications
    RHCSA
    #181
    On renting rack links, INE is 404 not found and Bryant Advantage doesn't seem to offer rack time (anymore). Any other suggestions?
    Would rack time be a solid substitute for the hardware kits? I really am wary of aquiring any more hardware than I already have (all personal electronics).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Went to the dark side.... Moderator networker050184's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,673

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP, MCA200
    #182
    CCIE Rack Rentals - INE

    For INE. These days you're usually better off going virtual though. VIRAL is a good alternative. Theres always GNS3 as well on the free side.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3
    #183
    Quote Originally Posted by rob42 View Post
    Hello fellow members.
    First off, a big thanks to Roguetadhg‎ for spending valuable time in putting this guide together; this is exactly the kind of encouragement and advice that is needed by people like me, studying from home while holding down a full-time job and staring at two, 700 to 800 page books, and wondering how the hell I’m going to get through them AND remember all the content!!

    I've been studying for the CCNA cert for only about 8 to 10 weeks and its hard work! I’m pleased that I’ve found this forum and I’ve had an answer to my first post in a very short space of time (my thanks to both clarson and sillymcnasty).

    To Allan81: I’m in the same boat as you. I don’t know how long you’ve been studying or what books you’re reading, but for me, I managed to get the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library off of eBay for less than £25.00 and a Cisco 881 Router for less than £50.00. I plan to get a Cisco Switch next month. I know, not everyone is in the position of being able to afford these items, but you can get Cisco Packet Tracer V7 (it’s a fabulous simulator) for free and there are loads of free tutorials on the web (I can provide some links if anyone would find that of use). Also, the information on this site alone should be enough to keep you busy for months.

    Don’t be put off by terms that you don’t yet understand. None of us are born with this knowledge, we’ve all had to start from first principles and build up our knowledge a bit at a time. The main thing is that you say that you are “100% determined to study”. That’s the kind of attitude that will get you to where you want to be. It’s not going to be easy, if it was, then everyone would be doing it.

    Anyway, I’ve rambled on long enough. Remember, you have to make your own luck in this world and nobody is going to hand it to you on a plate; work hard and keep your eyes on the prize.

    Best wishes,

    Rob.
    Thanks for the inspiring message Rob I've only really been able to study for 3-4 weeks and just reading ur message makes me want to do it even more as I thought I was the only one who was in this situation and couldn't understand all the jargon etc but it's great to know that we are all in this together,thank you for that info on tracers etc I wil really look into that,wil post back my updates on how I'm doing,good luck 👍
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. No longer active.
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    413
    #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan81 View Post
    Thanks for the inspiring message Rob I've only really been able to study for 3-4 weeks and just reading ur message makes me want to do it even more as I thought I was the only one who was in this situation and couldn't understand all the jargon etc but it's great to know that we are all in this together,thank you for that info on tracers etc I wil really look into that,wil post back my updates on how I'm doing,good luck 
    You’re very welcome and thank you for taking the time to reply. I find that the people on this forum are really helpful and will help anyone who is prepared to at least try to learn stuff for themselves – sometimes you just need someone to point you in the right direction before the topic you’re having trouble with seems to click into place. Stick with it buddy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1
    #185
    100% True
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2
    #186
    I self studied and bought the Cisco textbooks. I also looked at the Cisco website for information. I think the Cisco website has relevant information on what type of textbooks to buy. I passed the CCNA Route and Switch.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Social Networking & Bookmarks