+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    142

    Certifications
    A+,CCENT,CCNAR&S,CCNA Security,CCNA Voice,CCNP R&S,BCNE2012,HCNA,ITIL Foundations,BCNP, BAIS,VCA-DCV
    #1

    Cool CCSA Study advice needed

    Hey,

    I know checkpoint may not be popular around here, but I might as well ask, how do you guys study for your ccsa exams? Do you even bother to re-certify. A potential employer is looking for checkpoint stuff so im more than happy to study for this.

    Any advice on what materials etc I may need? i know checkpoint has materials but damm it`s expensive.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    142

    Certifications
    A+,CCENT,CCNAR&S,CCNA Security,CCNA Voice,CCNP R&S,BCNE2012,HCNA,ITIL Foundations,BCNP, BAIS,VCA-DCV
    #2
    Seems checkpoint is not as popular as Fortinet or Cisco
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member JustFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    DeepSpace 9
    Posts
    660
    #3
    The thing with Checkpoint and Palo Alto is that once you get the first cert, its usually a smooth ride, compared with Cisco Security certifications which are a totally different beast and no smooth sailing

    You can perhaps ask your employer to send you to CheckPoint training?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    142

    Certifications
    A+,CCENT,CCNAR&S,CCNA Security,CCNA Voice,CCNP R&S,BCNE2012,HCNA,ITIL Foundations,BCNP, BAIS,VCA-DCV
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
    The thing with Checkpoint and Palo Alto is that once you get the first cert, its usually a smooth ride, compared with Cisco Security certifications which are a totally different beast and no smooth sailing

    You can perhaps ask your employer to send you to CheckPoint training?
    My employer does not want to pay lol. Well ill find a way I guess
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Member victor.s.andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia, US
    Posts
    33

    Certifications
    CCENT; CCNA Cyber Ops; Network+, Security+, Server+, CySA+; Infoblox
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadakartel View Post
    Seems checkpoint is not as popular as Fortinet or Cisco
    *snort*

    Next time, think before you speak.

    Check Point is VERY popular in large enterprise networks - you'll find it in financials, at the very minimum.

    Check Point's FireWall-1 in the early to mid '90s was one of the the first enterprise firewall products. Ditto for VPN-1. Hell, stateful packet inspection was invented by Check Point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadakartel View Post
    My employer does not want to pay lol. Well ill find a way I guess
    It's called RTFM. Check Point has numerous admin guides available on its site. If you really want to get official courseware, pony up $600 (which is still better than the $5,000 for the CCSA+CCSE bundle). Download SmartDashboard and run it in demo mode. Get some ISOs and trial licensing.
    Q2 '18 Certification Goals: ICND2; JNCIA-{Junos, Cloud}; Linux+; Palo Alto ACE; AWS SysOps Administrator Associate
    2018-2020 Learning Goals: Math (Idaho, Iowa, IUE), CS/EE (Idaho, Oregon State)
    To be Jedi is to face the truth...and choose.
    Give off light, or darkness, Padawan.
    Be a candle...or the night.
    (Yoda)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    142

    Certifications
    A+,CCENT,CCNAR&S,CCNA Security,CCNA Voice,CCNP R&S,BCNE2012,HCNA,ITIL Foundations,BCNP, BAIS,VCA-DCV
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by victor.s.andrei View Post
    *snort*

    Next time, think before you speak.

    Check Point is VERY popular in large enterprise networks - you'll find it in financials, at the very minimum.

    Check Point's FireWall-1 in the early to mid '90s was one of the the first enterprise firewall products. Ditto for VPN-1. Hell, stateful packet inspection was invented by Check Point.



    It's called RTFM. Check Point has numerous admin guides available on its site. If you really want to get official courseware, pony up $600 (which is still better than the $5,000 for the CCSA+CCSE bundle). Download SmartDashboard and run it in demo mode. Get some ISOs and trial licensing.
    Thanks but I was referring to checkpoint popularity on the forum......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1
    #7
    156-215.77 braindumps will always remain my suggestion for the candidates who want to appear in 156-215.77 exam. This dumps has won my trust and I will prefer it for any of my further certifications. I have passed my exam with the help of 156-215.77 dumps material.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks