+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    294
    #1

    Default Changes coming to the VMware IT Academy Program

    Hello! Stanly Community College wanted to make everyone aware of changes coming to the VMware IT Academy program in the next 5 months. VMware has informed academies worldwide that they will no longer be able to offer classes through Continuing Education programs as of July 31, 2018. Additionally, VMware is not going to allow academies to teach the official Install, Configure and Manage or Optimize and Scale classes as of 31 July 2018. A new VCA level course that will fulfill the class requirement for VCP certification will be available via an option in our curriculum program. More details will be available later this year.

    However, this decision by VMware means that your costs for our classes will go from $185.00 USD to the following after 31 July 2018:
    In-State Students: $342.25 USD
    Out-of-State Students: $918.25 USD

    SCC will have two more sessions of Install, Configure and Manage and Optimize and Scale through our Continuing Education program at our current pricing structure. If you or anyone you know wants VMware training from SCC, these classes should be taken as soon as possible. The next session begins in March and the final session will begin in May. To sign up for the class waitlist, go to https://www.stanly.edu/it-academy and click on the "VMware IT Academy" logo. You then need to click on "Enroll Now" and place your name on the waitlist. SCC will try to accommodate as many students as we can, but we cannot guarantee placement in either session. To be fair, we enroll students in the order they sign up on the waitlist.

    SCC is committed to providing students with affordable, accessible and excellent IT training. We regret that the changes VMware is making to the program increase student costs and limit course availability. If you use VMware products in your environment and are not happy with the changes VMware has made to the VMware IT Academy program, we suggest you speak with your Dell/EMC/VMware representative(s) regarding your dissatisfaction with the changes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    106
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Hello! Stanly Community College wanted to make everyone aware of changes coming to the VMware IT Academy program in the next 5 months. VMware has informed academies worldwide that they will no longer be able to offer classes through Continuing Education programs as of July 31, 2018. Additionally, VMware is not going to allow academies to teach the official Install, Configure and Manage or Optimize and Scale classes as of 31 July 2018. A new VCA level course that will fulfill the class requirement for VCP certification will be available via an option in our curriculum program. More details will be available later this year.

    However, this decision by VMware means that your costs for our classes will go from $185.00 USD to the following after 31 July 2018:
    In-State Students: $342.25 USD
    Out-of-State Students: $918.25 USD

    SCC will have two more sessions of Install, Configure and Manage and Optimize and Scale through our Continuing Education program at our current pricing structure. If you or anyone you know wants VMware training from SCC, these classes should be taken as soon as possible. The next session begins in March and the final session will begin in May. To sign up for the class waitlist, go to https://www.stanly.edu/it-academy and click on the "VMware IT Academy" logo. You then need to click on "Enroll Now" and place your name on the waitlist. SCC will try to accommodate as many students as we can, but we cannot guarantee placement in either session. To be fair, we enroll students in the order they sign up on the waitlist.

    SCC is committed to providing students with affordable, accessible and excellent IT training. We regret that the changes VMware is making to the program increase student costs and limit course availability. If you use VMware products in your environment and are not happy with the changes VMware has made to the VMware IT Academy program, we suggest you speak with your Dell/EMC/VMware representative(s) regarding your dissatisfaction with the changes.
    Stanly,

    First and foremost thanks for being upfront about this. You know that you are frequently talked about and suggested for those interested in obtaining training. You are giving us the heads up which is awesome. You are keeping us informed.

    Thanks for that useful information.
    Last edited by johndoee; 02-07-2018 at 02:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    294
    #3
    Thank you for your kind regards. Please be assured we will always be upfront with our students and potential students. We regret these changes as much as you do, but the decision was not ours.

    Quote Originally Posted by johndoee View Post
    Stanly,

    First and foremost thanks for being upfront about this. You know that you are frequently talked about and suggested for those interested in obtaining training. You are giving us the heads up with is awesome. You are keeping us informed.

    Thanks for that useful information.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    408

    Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    #4
    This is nice! Thanks for sharing!
    2018 Year goals:
    CCNA Cyber Ops [Done!], VCP6-DCV @ Stanly, May 31
    CCENT-CCNA [1%]
    "They say my dream is to big, I say they think to small" Brad Sugars
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,632

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security, MSISA, BSBA
    #5
    Wow, it seems VMware gets more and more unfriendly towards those of us doing certifications. Good think I joined the waitlist a couple weeks back and just received confirmation I'll be attending the March session.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: eJPT, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Next Up:​ eJPT, eCPPTv2, OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (CLI, Git, Python), eLearnSecurity PTSv3
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    74

    Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, MCSA Windows Server 2012 & Office 365
    #6
    Been offered March, however, I asked to postpone to May as I'll have much more time - no problems with this.

    It's a shame this change has come by VMware. I feel it's now or never if I want to get certified with VMware as a result.
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,632

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security, MSISA, BSBA
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by urstuffplz1 View Post
    I feel it's now or never if I want to get certified with VMware as a result.
    Same here. Only reason I'm pursuing it is that I'm moving into a security architect role at work and the Sr. Director mentioned VMware would be good to get up to speed on because of hybrid cloud environments I'd be working on.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CCSK, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: eJPT, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Next Up:​ eJPT, eCPPTv2, OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (CLI, Git, Python), eLearnSecurity PTSv3
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Reticulating splines... iBrokeIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,087

    Certifications
    GCIH, GSEC, VCAP5-DCA, VCP5-DCV, MCITP:EA, MCSA 2003/08
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Same here. Only reason I'm pursuing it is that I'm moving into a security architect role at work and the Sr. Director mentioned VMware would be good to get up to speed on because of hybrid cloud environments I'd be working on.
    Hopefully you are aware that their re-certification cycle is 2 years for the VCP level. On top of all your security certifications that gets to be a lot to maintain.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2
    #9
    Stanly,
    I send you mail please check.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    408

    Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    #10
    I'm in the wait-list since February. Now is a must taking the course with Stanley and pass the exam.
    2018 Year goals:
    CCNA Cyber Ops [Done!], VCP6-DCV @ Stanly, May 31
    CCENT-CCNA [1%]
    "They say my dream is to big, I say they think to small" Brad Sugars
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    294
    #11
    Update for Stanly CC: A new VCA level course that will fulfill the class requirement for VCP certification will be available after July 31, 2018. More details will be available later this year.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    11

    Certifications
    MCSE 2k3/2k12/2k16 CP&I - VCP6-DCV
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Update for Stanly CC: A new VCA level course that will fulfill the class requirement for VCP certification will be available after July 31, 2018. More details will be available later this year.
    Thanks for the update, is there any program for advanced levels? VCAP design or deploy?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member scott28tt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    642

    Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    #13
    Those courses are delivered by VMware and VATC partners.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Junior Member november24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    8

    Certifications
    A+, ITIL, CCNA
    #14
    Hi Everyone,

    I have 2 questions,

    1st, I have finished the Stanly CC ICM 6 curriculum more than a year ago but I haven't sat for the VCP exam and now my exam discount code becomes expired (I didn't know it has expiry date), my question is, am I still allowed to sit for the 2v0-620 exam if I paid the full exam fees? does the Stanly CC course that I took still valid as a credited training course by VMware?

    2nd question is regarding the new course pricing by Stanly CC, what does it mean by in-state price?

    Please advise

    Note: sorry for my bad English
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    142

    Certifications
    LPIC-1, Linux+, SUSE CLA, MCP, VCA6-DCV
    #15
    Hello,

    1. No, Stanly courses not eligible for standard VCP exam
    2. In-State students, IMHO, students from USA
    Last edited by duta74; 05-24-2018 at 04:50 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Junior Member november24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    8

    Certifications
    A+, ITIL, CCNA
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by duta74 View Post
    Hello,

    1. No, Stanly courses not eligible for standard VCP exam
    2. In-State students, IMHO, students from USA
    Thank you for your answer, I understood from it that I've lost my chance for VMware certification through Stanly CC course, So what are other options do I have?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Fayetteville. NC. USA
    Posts
    44

    Certifications
    A+, CCENT, i-Net+, LPIC-1, Network+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV6 [Expired: CCNP-R&S MCSE-NT4 RHCE]
    #17
    Stanly Community College is in Albemarle, North Carolina, so In-State rate would be residents of NC, everyone else would be Out-of-State.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: November 2019
    Remaining courses: C268 (OA), C846 (ITIL), C175 (OA), C851 (Linux Essentials), C779 (CIW Site Dev Associate), C768 (OA), C247 (CCNA-R&S), C917 (CCDA), C176 (Project+), C849 (Cloud Essentials), C299 (CCNA-SEC), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Senior Member scott28tt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    642

    Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by november24 View Post
    I have finished the Stanly CC ICM 6 curriculum more than a year ago but I haven't sat for the VCP exam and now my exam discount code becomes expired (I didn't know it has expiry date), my question is, am I still allowed to sit for the 2v0-620 exam if I paid the full exam fees? does the Stanly CC course that I took still valid as a credited training course by VMware?
    The exam voucher you were given by Stanly was how VMware knew you’d taken training with them in order to meet that requirement of the VCP, if you pay separately for your exams now you would not be awarded the VCP.

    You will have to take another course.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Junior Member november24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    8

    Certifications
    A+, ITIL, CCNA
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by scott28tt View Post
    The exam voucher you were given by Stanly was how VMware knew you’d taken training with them in order to meet that requirement of the VCP if you pay separately for your exams now you would not be awarded the VCP.

    You will have to take another course.
    Thank you, Scott,for your answer, but what if someone used his voucher and failed the exam? how can he/she retake the exam without avoucher?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Senior Member scott28tt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    642

    Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by november24 View Post
    Thank you, Scott,for your answer, but what if someone used his voucher and failed the exam? how can he/she retake the exam without avoucher?
    I don’t know, ask Stanly.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    294
    #21
    Please send me a pm here or email your question to itacademy@stanly.edu. We will be glad to assist you.

    Quote Originally Posted by scott28tt View Post
    I don’t know, ask Stanly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks